Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Chicken Salad


I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with chicken salad.

So many times I have slaved over a stove making it.

and so many times I've hated what I made.

too runny.

too dry.

too chunky.

But today.  today was the day.

Today was the day I finally got it perfect.  Hallelujah.

It was so yummy, I remembered to take a picture after I had eaten half of it.

whoops.


So, because i love you, I will share my recipe.  BUT I must tell you...this is my favorite... that doesn't mean it's the best.  It's just what I (&Matthew) like.

 If you don't like cranberries, don't use em...If you don't like pineapples...don't use them.

Feel free to doctor it up and make it your own.


GROCERY LIST
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken
2 tablespoons dried thyme
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
sliced green onions (3 stalks)
4 stalks organic celery – chopped
¾-1 cup mayo (depending on desired consistency) 
1 8 oz can sliced pineapple – diced into tidbits
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sliced almonds


1.     Boil Chicken with Thyme until fully cooked
2.     chop celery, pineapple, green onions
If you have a kitchen aid mixer, it will shred your chicken using the whisk attachment!!  It’s the best secret ever!!  If you do not have a kitchen aid mixer, you will need to shred your chicken by hand, then add the rest of the ingredients.  Whisk at speed 2 or 3, then bump it up to a 4 to allow chicken to shred.

3.     Once Chicken is cooked, shred your chicken, either kitchen aid mixer style or manually. 
4.     add liquid smoke, Worcestershire & salt & pepper to taste
5.     add pineapple, celery, green onions, almonds
6.     add mayo slowly, ¼ of a cup at a time until desired consistency


No comments:

Post a Comment