Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ode To Mpix

I rarely order professional prints, but when I do, I always use mPix.  There is something in me that thinks "walmart.com" could do this, but I must say mPix has spoiled me.   For one thier costumer service is amazing.  If they send you something you aren't happy with, it's very likely that they will fix it.  AND they are fast.  Let me explain.

This is my Sister-In-Law Anna. 
Anna is incredible.  I love her so so much. 

(i have another sister in-law, Sarah, who is as equally incredible that I also love so so much)

Anna is married to Michael and they have two kids.

Avery

and Nathan

(i promise I'm getting to my mPix story...)

Anna's 30th birthday is January 29th and we celebrated this past weekend.  One of Anna's favorite things is pictures of her family, and in times before I have gone over to their house to snap pictures of the kids.  Matthew and I have gotten really busy, so I haven't had a ton of extra time to snap pictures of the kids and it has made me sad!  They are growing up so so fast.  Too fast.

Soooo on Tuesdays, Anna goes to Bible Study in the mornings and Matthew's mom, who has now officially been named CoCo, watches the kids.  

(there's CoCo & Matthew with super cool 3-D glasses)


I knew that Anna would be gone for a few hours, so I called Coco and asked if I could come over.  In a matter of minutes we had the kids dressed and I was snapping pictures left and right.

You see, Anna has the really fun wall in her hallway that is filled with black and white pictures of her family.  Different pictures of the family line her wall in different sizes, most marking milestones or important dates.  So naturally I wanted pictures for her wall.

Coco and I wrestled those kids around until we were both sweaty and exhausted.

And it was worth it.  Why?

Because we got this.


and this


and this


melt your heart right?

Then... we had to put the house back together EXACTLY how it was.  Did I mention Anna is the most organized person I know?  It's inspiring.  Everything has a place, and I knew if something was out of place, she would know something went down.  

Once the house was in order, in the words of Miss Avery "Cece work."  I went to work and crossed my fingers Avery wouldn't tell her momma she saw me that day...

That was tuesday.  I edited them Tuesday night, but didn't find the frames I wanted until Wednesday night.  Once I knew what size I wanted my prints I logged onto mPix to find anything that is bigger than an 8x10 takes a few days longer.  

cue devastation. 
...
...
...
...
and now cue solution

I made the gut decision to order the pictures even though there was a chance they wouldn't get here.  

Once I ordered the pictures Wednesday night I immediately emailed mPix and practically BEGGED them to rush my order so I could have them at my door by Friday (because FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturdays) and within minutes I got an email from mPix :)


notice the timestamp....9:41 PM!  Herb took the time to email me at 9:41 PM!

and Herb tells no lie.

Thank you mPix and FedEx!  With your help my pictures are PERFECTLY printed and at my door on Friday (the day before the party).  


We celebrated Anna Saturday night with the most Amazing Cheese Fondue (recipe from Lauren Foster) and chocolate cake!!

Anna loved the pictures of her babies, and I loved watching her open them :)

mPix, I owe it all to you.

I also LOVE Millers Photo Lab.  We ordered 3 of their acryllics when I had my bridals done through John Newberry and they are in our house.  We got LOTS of compliments on them.  They have AMAZING photo products as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment