Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

apps that I love...

Author:  Cecilia

I got an iPad2 this past spring.  I originally bought it for work.  Being a pediatric speech pathologist, I am always looking for new ways to motivate the kids I work with and steering clear of presenting the same concepts in the same way each session.  So here are some apps that I love for language development and for my own...personal development :)  Please feel free to comment and leave your favorite apps!  I love new suggestions!

Personal

1.  Cross It Off Lite
this app is PERFECT for to-do list, grocery store list, and what-not.  I think you can also get this on your iPhone.  You can categorize your list as well.  So when something is out at the Creasman home, either I or Matthew adds it to our list.  We then take the iPad to the grocery store and use the app while shopping.  One swipe of your finger crosses off the things you have in your buggy :)  Matthew loves to be the crosser-offer...and I let him because I'm submissive.  ;) hah.


2.  Flipboard
oh how we love a good magazine.  and flipboard lets you have just about any thing you want right at your finger tips.  Which do I read?  Oh you know...the good stuff...people magazine, E! online, CNN, and I LOVE "Real Simple Magazine" (it has great simple recipes and home solutions that have you going "why didn't I think of that?")


For Work:
Most of the kids I work with are from age 1-4, so naming objects, talking about pictures, answering questions about pictures, are highly targeted.  There are several flash card applications that make things smooth sailing in speech.


My First Words by Smart Baby Apps -  I use this for naming for my 2-3 year olds.
ABA Flashcards - Actions, Emotions, Foods, Clothing
ABA Receptive Identification - By Function - this app is good for my 3-4 year olds

For you SLP's
Articulate It! - by smarty ears (love love love this app and the way it collects data)

No comments:

Post a Comment