Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Wedding [Wedding Day]


Matthew and I tied the knot on January 21st, 2011.  It was such a perfect day.  The day started by all of by bridesmaids gathering at Matthew's house (now "our" house) to get ready.  While the girls did their thing, Matthew went with his groomsmen for breakfast, True Grit, bowling, and pizza.  

My bridesmaids were incredible.  Each one of them were supportive and selfless toward me.  They each understood it was "my" day and helped things run so, so smoothly.  Lauren, my maid of honor, is INCREDIBLE at fixing hair, so I naturally enlisted her for my wedding day hairdo.  

Below are pictures from our special day.  Mad props yo to John Newberry for his amazing photography skills.  (If you want to see ALL the pictures, click John's name, click "clients" then "weddings" then "matthew + cecilia") 
Yea buddy.

Thank you Lauren for my wedding hair!

The shoe shot.  You can't have a wedding without it.

Matthew getting pretty for his bride.

Kristin was very proud of her socks.

Sweet Windsor.

The rings!

Daddy gave me a sparkly!  My favorite!

Now.  Let me tell you how amazing my bridesmaids and my old roommate are.  I lived with Cara Jo Duren from May 2010 through January 2011.  Saying she is pretty handy is a huge understatement.  Cara spent hours cutting down branches, transporting them to her garage and fashioning them there with my bridesmaids for my stage decor.  I loved my wedding.  Heather Hoyt decorated the church and the reception and made my vision come alive with branches, candles and flowers, which helped give the atmosphere a natural feel.

Cara's handiwork.  She's LEGIT.

My beautiful bridesmaids.

Say this in an uppity voice: the Haaaaarvard pose.

The Lamberts!

Matthew led a small group of high school guys in New Life Church's Real Life student ministry.  We were honored to have them be ushers at our wedding.  They took their job very seriously. 
Yes, those are ear pieces and sunglasses.  

Matthew and his groomsmen. So hard.

Someone bribed them into smiling.

Get back!  Give him room! (Our ushers were the best)

Matthew and his sisters, Sarah & Anna (my new sister-in-loves!).

McAllister (my ringbearer, son of our preacher/ one of my bridesmaids) feeding me Cheetos.

My sweet flower girl and niece, Avery.

The talented Becky Mitchum playing our grandmothers/parents down the aisle.

Brandon Shatswell and Jason Hollis doin' work, son.

Pre-ceremony prayers with my bridesmaids.

...and its official.

Matthew's turn for prayer time.  :-)

Walking down the aisle!

Love this one.

We walked down the aisle to the Black Eyed Peas, "I Got A Feelin'."  True story.
Unfortunately, our photographers and videographer missed (because they were with us) my grandparents shaking their rumps when it was their turn to come down the aisle. It brought the house down.

Goober.

Our wedding reception was at the Greek Orthodox Annunciation Ballroom, the only place big enough (without the crusty feel) for our reception.

Heather Hoyt did an AMAZING job decorating!

My Wedding Cake!  Italian Creme Cake by Patty Cakes in Conway.

Wicked awesome.

One of my favorite shots.

Our first dance.

My sweet daddy.

Mother + groom dance. 

Check out my cousin's suh-weet bow tie.

And, the crane shot (just kidding).

Katy Barber just won the lottery.  I think.

Line dancing. For realz.

Best.  Night.  Ever.

1 comment:

  1. My god! Everything from preparation and emotions of groom and bride's hectic schedule is covered in these pictures. Loved the absolutely creative décor done at my colleague's special day. Whole of the wedding venues NYC was covered with attractive lights and glooming flowers. Buffet dinner was also very delicious.

    ReplyDelete